Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Its the end of the world as we know it!

I often open my mouth at the wrong time and apparently have such a crude sense of humor that I am just permanently a sarcastic bitch. "You see what had happened was", I got into it with a 4 year college student. She was explaining to me "why" she believed my career path was stupid. Now I have done my fair share of bitching and complaining in my life time, but I don't think I have ever got to a point to where I have told some one their personal choice for a career "is stupid". I did the whole "big" university shin dig it was great! I had a awesome time, partied my ass off made some mistakes and learned that my morals where questionable. That being said, I yes didn't go to school for fucking rocket science but There is a lot that goes into going to school for photography, especially when you do it live in action and when your expertise is in the production side. I know my fair share of struggles as a starving artist, well I was the motherfucking boss at USF at the age of 17 I was running 7 employees! Loved it, after getting hitched an what not the Army stuck "us" in the armpit of America aka- Clarksville, Tn; It is a bit difficult to get a job in my field  an be payed what you are worth. After odd job after odd job I decided to go back to school for Medical Assisting; which is, a high in demand job. She than looked into my eyes and said so your just going to be a glorified secretary? Excuse me? Did I miss something here? Now it's only two years and up until a few days ago because I lack on occasion attention to detail ( it was a rather large detail to miss but heyyyy it happens i'm human)  I thought I was going to be receiving a simple diploma. I was ok with that it is a piece of paper that I need to get a job come to find out I am receiving an associates degree in applied science. In my opinion that means you have a little more education than just to be a fucking glorified secretary! Livid I explained to her what I see at school everything from Anatomy&Physiology , phlebotomy, psychology , pharmacology, in my opinion it's not as simple as it fucking sounds, but sure i'm a fucking glorified secretary in theory that doesn't mean it took a little bit of brains and time to get there so bite me! I think it went rather well, she then went on to apologize and that she had no idea we even studied anything like that. Really? I mean really? you insulted me with out even knowing what I do? Go take your four year degree and shooooove it!  

2 comments:

  1. ahahaha I told a Swedish guy in my Ethics class years ago that if he hated America so much maybe he should leave. Don't come get an education from our system and all the while bash how nothing good has ever come out of our country! lol Our class was over half AF or Army ROTC and I was one of 2 not in uniform that day, so I said what we were all thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol!! I think you have told us this story on SO before lolol!! That's always awkward try being foreign and saying that lol!!

    ReplyDelete